Join the Village Church Hampden for our 2019 Fall Retreat.
Retreats are a special time for the church to get away together for refreshment, renewal, & growth with the community.
WHEN: October 25-27, 2019
WHERE: Skycroft Retreat Center
ADDRESS: 9621 Frostown Road, Middletown, MD
We are honored to welcome our guest speaker, Pastor George Hopkins.
George Hopkins was born and raised in south Baltimore. He attended Poly High School and then Morgan State University as a student-athlete. George got involved with the Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) as a football player at Morgan. After earning his degree he worked full-time with FCA in Baltimore City then he served as a pastor at Grace Fellowship Church in Timonium. In 2014 he partnered with twenty people to launch Gallery Church SoWeBo—a multi-cultural church actively engaged with the community in Southwest Baltimore. He is currently the Lead Pastor and volunteers with various organizations that help build the city of Baltimore.
Separate men’s and women’s bunk-style rooms with shared bathrooms. Bring your own linens, blanket, towels.
– Meals will include dinner on Friday, breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday.
– Friday night dinner starts at 7pm promptly.
– Skycroft meals are buffet-style, with options for vegetarians, vegans.
– They always have food that doesn’t include wheat products, but they do not keep a separate prep area for gluten-free foods.
– If you have a severe allergy or food need, let us know so arrangements can be made.
– Register through Eventbrite. Payment can be made through Eventbrite or by check or cash in the offering box in the church building. Follow instructions on the Eventbrite form.
– CHILDREN: There is no special programming for children. Children 3 & under are free but need to be registered if they will need a seat in the dining hall.
– FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: Limited help may be available, so contact us to inquire about that.
– EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT ends Sunday, September 1.
– DEADLINE for registration: Sunday, September 22.
– Payment for registration is for admittance to the event and is not a charitable contribution to The Village.
You will get the most out of the event if you attend all sessions and make use of time between sessions for community building, private study, and rest. The gym and hiking trails will be open for your use during breaks.
6:00 PM – 7:00 PM: Arrival and Registration
7:00 PM – 7:45 PM: Dinner at Skycroft
Sessions all day with breaks for meals, community, rest, and recreation
12:00 PM: Return home
Further details, including a more detailed schedule, will be emailed to attendees before the event.